VeritableGalanthusVeritableGalanthus

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

What are the odds? What are the odds?

Good animation and music but the message was irritating. For one thing you seem to suggest that a person's defining characteristics are decided at birth but I would argue that who you are today is not decided by what sperm happens to get into what egg cell but the experiences you have after birth.

Mighty Knight Mighty Knight

It was going pretty well (albeit with a lot of annoying grinding and monster marches) but then there was one spear throwing tribal character in stage 13 who would not and could not die (he had no health bar and didn't even have the courtesy to fire at me so I couldn't even get killed. An immortal pacifist tribal spear thrower). I quit the stage and tried again. He reappeared. I lost the will to continue.

King's Ascent King's Ascent

Its rare that I play a game because of the story but this one I did. The platformer style, especially how the "ammunition" was limited became frustrating after a while but I kept playing because I wanted to hear the dialogue. The last stage, narratively, was the most interesting because it wasn't just simply about the king's bad deeds but exploring a more complex theme about the importance of intention and consequence. Very nice. The voice acting was a bit flat and unemotional but it grew on me and in no way detracted from the atmosphere, though the mixture of art style was, as others have already pointed out, a little jarring at times.

The townsfolk are coming! The townsfolk are coming!

Excellent music and art, really enjoyed the monster's jagged walk though the flickering screen was perhaps a little tiring to the eye, but the game play its self is tremendously repetitive and dull. Especially the fact that he cannot go above a certain speed means that there is no increase in the level of difficulty and the entire experience quickly becomes monotonous. There were also long periods with no villagers at all where you were just staring at the monster walking. Perhaps increase the variety in enemy and gradually increase the frequency with which they appear so there is an increase in difficulty. Also allow the monster to go at a far faster pace for a greater sense of excitement.

sirhenrystudios responds:

Yeah, haha, that's what I had planned to do in the beginning, I just ran out of time. I spent too much time on art instead of focusing on coding the game, so I didn't get to add everything I wanted to. Thanks for the feedback man!